A 5-Session Study by Kathleen Norris with Tim Scorer
• Session 1: Belief (that to which we give our hearts)
• Session 2: The Bible (the collective story of the Christian people)
• Session 3: Community (where individualism and imperfection meet grace and aceptance)
• Session 4: Place (faith within the space of home, church, land, and people)
• Session 5: Us (what it means to remain in God’s image, countering our selfishness to embrace the world and its needs)
Each of the five DVD sessions begins with a 10-15 minute video presentation by Kathleen Norris followed by filmed interaction with a diverse small group of adults. The Participant’s Workbook then helps your own local small group “join the conversation.” This book includes all study materials needed by participants and those who lead. Each participant will need one copy. Click Here to order workbooks.
Kathleen Norris is an award-winning poet, writer and author of four New York Times bestsellers. Her work is intimate and historical, rich in poetry and meditations, brimming with exasperation and reverence, deeply grounded in both nature and spirit, sometimes funny and often provocative.
John Buchanan, editor/publisher of The Christian Century writes:
“When Kathleen Norris returned to church she brought with her a quick sense of humor, a poet’s imagination and appreciation of our common humanity, and openness to what the church aspires to be and what it actually is. Kathleen’s literary breadth alone makes spending time with her in conversation a special gift. Her secret here, among many, is to meet us where we are, to take our experience absolutely seriously, and to engage us in conversation with her characteristic integrity and winsome humility. This study is a true treasure in an honestly, compellingly human vessel.”
Other related titles in the series:
** Electronic Products May Not be Returned **